Thursday, March 11, 2010

JONATHAN'S MENU SELECTION: Behold, The Pretzel Roll

I had no idea what I was missing until last Wednesday.

Apparently, every Wednesday is the "BBQ Pulled Pork" special at Gelato Da Vinci up here at Clay Terrace.

I have to say, I've been a resident worker here at Clay Terrace for the better part of a year, and I had given Gelato Da Vinci a chance early on, and then immediately dismissed it in loyalty (and snobbery) to Petit Chou - my first love.

Well Gelato Da Vinci has been trying to play catch up for the last few months, refining it's menu and capitalizing on the overflow from it's successful Petit neighbor next door. But it wasn't until a friend of mine insisted that I try the BBQ Pulled Pork special, that I reluctantly passed by my Petit Chou comfort zone, and ventured into a new enlightenment.

See, there's no question that I received an ample serving of delicious pulled pork smothered in a sweet and savory bbq sauce, but the blinders came off with my first taste of a pretzel roll.

o m g

Amazing. Where has this bread product been all my life???

Apparently at Gelato Da Vinci - and many other locations, because when I started to spread the gospel of the pretzel roll, my friends were like "um, duh, I buy them at Trader Joe's."

So friends, if you've lived in the darkness of baked-goods ignorance, as I had until last Wednesday, please step into the light, wait until Wednesday, head to Gelato Da Vinci, and have the "BBQ Pulled Pork" Special on a pretzel roll.

Prepare to be delighted.

Gelato Da Vinci
14390 Clay Terrace Blvd
Carmel, IN 46032
http://www.gelatodavinci.com/

No comments: